Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Channel your inner Italian...

... via some delicious chicken piccata! So, the past few days have been rather fantastic business-wise. I really wanted to do something special for my hubby last night, and chicken piccata was on the weekly menu. With less than a half hour to whip up a delicious meal, I looked to The Food Network's Giada de Laurentis for her wonderful recipe (which, incidentally, has a 5-star rating from over 500 reviewers). This recipe comes together in a flash, yet you wouldn't guess so from the delicious, full-flavored taste. With a buttery chicken sauce highlighted with a hint of lemon, you'll wish you had a view of Tuscany or the Italian Dolomites from your kitchen table. To set the mood, I even lit candles and turned on some romantic dinner music. The meal was complete with garlic mashed red potatoes, grilled asparagus, and even a bottle of Martinelli's. Delizioso!! Aaron was definitely impressed. (And cheers to Giada for delivering yet another great meal.) Check out her recipe here!

1 comment:

James & Kathleen Kammeyer said...

This sounds really good and I like the presentation. Another plus is that it only takes 25 minutes to whip up! That is my kind of meal!