Monday, December 15, 2008

Guy got it right, of course!

Who doesn't enjoy watching The Food Network?! I don't get the chance to watch it too often, but when I do I love tuning into Iron Chef America, the Throwdown with Bobby Flay or... Guy Fieri's Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives! The other night while winding down for the evening Aaron & I enjoyed an episode of Diner's and guess which city Guy visited on his quest for fantastic "hole-in-the-wall" joints?? Yep, none other than Salt Lake City. Specifically, the charismatic Guy visited Moochie's Meatballs & More, located on 800 South. It's run by a couple from Philadelphia who whip up dynamite meatball subs and authentic (after all, they're from Philly) cheesesteaks! Guy gave his ultimate stamp of approval on the joint - Those who watch the show know that "that's money, baby!" is the ultimate compliment. :) So, how could we resist trying Moochie's on our next trip up to SLC?? Well, we couldn't, and were pleased to find their Philly cheesesteaks are indeed all their cracked up to be. (Just make sure you order it with Provolone cheese - much better than American - and request the optional mushrooms, peppers & onions). In a word: FANTASTIC! Truly the best cheesesteak this side of the Appalachians. We've since taken Aaron's Grandma there, his cousin Kim, and his Aunt Mary... Approval on all accounts. (Apparently, the meatball sub is dynamite as well). Anyway, this was my little thumbs-up to Guy's review, though Mr. Fieri certainly doesn't need it. But I thought all those in close proximity to Utah might hit up Moochie's next time they're in SLC. Trust me, "it's MONEY, baby!"

2 comments:

The Kammeyers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shalena said...

Guy Fieri seriously rocks! Great post, my friend! You are seriously one of the best cooks I know. Too bad I moved away from Utah (I'm in need of some fabulous Lauren comfort food about now). :) Keep them recipes coming, girl!